Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Influence

Influence. There are people in our lives that influence us in ways we will never forget. People who bring us to Christ, people who develop friendships with us, people who share there hearts with us, the list can go on and on. There are people in our lives that we influence ourselves through teaching, babysitting, friendships, relationships, etc.

There is one woman I want to focus on today that has made a huge influence in my life. Some of you know her and some of you were not able to get to know her. Through the last 6 years I have been able to do ministry with her, I have been able to laugh with her, I have been able help take care of her and her family, I have been able to go through sickness with her. She has this amazing heart for children and for serving. My favorite memories of her is from camp. She came every year with me to our 1st-2nd grade week, and she would have this gentleness with the children that was really touching to see. The kids just loved her.

What I admire the most about her is that she never gave up on God throughout her entire battle with cancer. Whenever I had the chance to spend time with her she always had hope and she always trusted. Deb Brown was an image of a child of God.

I am so thankful that she was a part of my life. She influenced me in ways that I can not explain. Honestly, I am jealous that God gets to have her now, but I know that she is loving it with Him.

Influence. Sometimes people influence us in ways that will make an impact for a lifetime and they don't even realize it. Deb Brown is one of those people. She will never realize the influence she had on so many.

1 comment:

  1. She truly was an amazing women of God. Though I really didn't get to know her as I would have liked to, she always had a smile for all she met and was a freind to all. She has fought the great fight and has now won her place in heaven with our father.
    Her memory of the Love of God, family and friends will always live on.

    ReplyDelete