Wednesday, October 28, 2009

As many of you know I am a coffee drinker. I love waking up to a cup of coffee in the morning. Adam and I love going to coffee shops and playing cards or reading when we have an afternoon or evening free. Every Saturday morning I meet with our high school girls at a coffee shop and we share life together. This past Saturday morning while I was spending time with the girls I looked over and saw a precious sight. A couple of tables over there was a dad and his daughter who looked like she was 3 or 4. They were sitting at a small table spending some time together drinking coffee and hot chocolate. The dad looked like he was working while his daughter was coloring a picture. Every once in a while I would notice the dad look up at his daughter, praise her for her beautiful picture, and then go back to what he was doing. Every time the daughter was praised by her father she just beamed with joy. She was completely content to be there with her father. I was so caught up by this sight that I took a picture on my phone of those moments (if you want to see it come ask me and I will show you) - it really touched my heart.

There are so many spiritual lines you can draw from a seeing something like that. But I want take a different perspective on it. As a parent, you have this amazing influence on your child by your actions and words. Take advantage of the time that you have with your child, and the words that you say to your child. You have this amazing opportunity to speak Truth into your child daily. Lean into your child this week - show them how much you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment