Saturday, October 3, 2009

Rainy Days

Have you every tried making anything completely from scratch and was not sure how it would turn out? I am not a "make from scratch" type of person. In fact, in my house my husband is the one who does most of the cooking :). I never really had an interest in cooking, especially something from scratch.

There is something about rainy days that I absolutely love. It is like they give you permission to stay inside and do something fun. They have a way of making a cup of tea and a good book so relaxing. Or finding that puzzle you have in the depths of your closet and deciding to put it together. Yesterday it was raining all day, we had the day off and nothing really huge planned for the afternoon. We decided to experiment by making apple sauce. It may seem like a simple thing to you - but coming from someone who can not even make Jello - it was a big endeavor for me.

We cut up the apples, put them in our crock pot, added some cinnamon and we let it cook for the entire day. When we came home last night we had homemade apple sauce :).

Rainy days... they have this way of making me try something new. What about you? What is something that you and your family like to do on rainy days?

2 comments:

  1. I love it, next time you should try homemade jam! It's the best!

    Hmmm...rainy days? Reading your post made me realize that we (the family) should really take advantage of that together time and turn "being stuck in the house on a rainy day" into "Yay, it's a rainy day, let's have some fun"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That great Connie! I am sure that Hannah and Justin can come up with some pretty creative things to do inside :) - definitely have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete